Nurse Practitioner and owner of Glo Medical Aesthetics in Midtown Lisa Street’s priority is to ensure patient safety and satisfaction. “I try every procedure on myself before I perform it on a patient,” Street said. “There are so many variables affecting the aging face, and I work to maximize results depending on individual needs.” The results she achieves are natural beauty, naturally.
My philosophy on beauty… The “glow” that makes people beautiful starts from within. Being healthy mentally, physically, and emotionally takes hard work. Love others, work on yourself, and be the best person you can be and it will show on the outside.
My #1 beauty tip… Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Every system in your body depends on water.
My fitness regimen includes… Bikram Hot Yoga and Cordiobarre in Overton Square. My sister introduced me to Bikram Hot Yoga nine years ago and I’ve been addicted ever since. Bikram will change your life. My favorite Bickram quote is, “It’s never too late, it’s never too bad, and you are never too old or too sick to start from scratch once again.”
I was in the very first Cardiobarre class here in Memphis and have fallen in love with the workout as well as the staff. It has toned and strengthened my body tremendously while giving me a dancer’s posture confidence. Allison and her staff are skilled, fun, and encouraging.
I believe… You are what you eat, so eat clean. Shop on the outside aisles at the grocery store. Food is a fuel. You have to eat to stay healthy and lean. Think of your metabolism as fire – you must put fuel on the fire to keep it burning. I credit my friend jody and her trainer Antionne scott with educating me on foods that fuel your metabolism. Also, I have recently started learning about Ayurvedic diet from Christine at Bikram Yoga. It’s one of the oldest and most sophisticated mind-body health systems.
My beauty product must-haves are… Skinmedica AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser®, EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanser®, SkinMedica TNS Serum®, and EltaMD UV Daily Transparent Zinc Oxide®. My favorite department store product is Origins GinZing™ Refreshing Eye Cream.
To get “Red Carpet” ready… I recommend SkinMedica Illuminize Peel® it enhances skin glow and radiance with no down time.
- Drink plenty of water. You need two liters per day.
- Do not smoke.
- Maintain a healthy, balanced, diet and get daily exercise.
- Get eight hours of sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake.
- Develop consistent skin-care habits now:
- Use a gentle foaming cleanser daily
- Use daily sunscreen containing zinc and titanium dioxide.
- Use a light moisturizer.
- Add a vitamin C to fight radical damage if you like to indulge.
- See your dermatologist for any persistent acne, and remember not to pick as it may cause scarring.
- Continue yoru prevention regimen.
- Increase exfoliation. Skin exfoliates at about half the rate in your 30s as your 20s.
- Adding a retinoid to your skin-care regimen enhances exfoliation and increases cell turnover. There are OTC retinoids as well as prescription strength. See your medical provider before using a prescription-strength retinoid. (Not for pregnant or lactating patients.)
- Also add antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, which are highly effective and protect against free-radical damage.
40s Feed your Skin
- Continue your prevention regimen
- In your 40s you start to see a reduction in collagen,Loss of skin elasticity.wrinkles and fine line formation.
- Adding growth factors to your regimen will nourish the skin by making it look and act younger. Growth factors are naturally occuring proteins that are critical in skin repair and remodeling. You may also add a more hydrating moisturizing if needed
- Adding peptides and antioxidants help to strengthen, hydrate, plump and protect the skin. An eye cream rich in these ingredients is important as well.
50s Hydrate and Moisturize
- Continue your prevention regimen.
- Hormonal changes and a decrease in cell turnover and collagen production cause skin to become noticeably dryer in your 50s and 60s
To get “Spring Break” ready … I do
a detoxifying organic body wrap. These are great to firm and tighten skin and get rid
My wellness routine also includes … Colon hydrotherapy. I try to get in once a month at Renew Wellness Spa. I also take a daily probiotic as well as drinking Kombucha tea.
My guilty pleasures are … Chocolate martinis at Beauty Shop or Sari, late-night. dancing at Paula Raiford’s, Elvis, and rockin’ out to Siriusxm Hair Nation.
My favorite concert in Memphis was … Bruno Mars. I don’t think I have ever felt that much positive energy and love in one place. I think I levitated the whole concert.
Those guys are incredible.
I love my job because … I love nursing. I love taking care of people. I love to learn
something new every single day. I love to educate. I love a challenge.1 love the fact that it reminds me everyday how fortunate I am to be healthy.
“My greatest compliment from a patient 15 that people are commenting on how refreshed they look but have no idea what they’ve had done.”
Injectables: Botox, Voluma XC, Juvederm XC.
Laser: Cutera laser treatments including Limelight, Laser Genesis, hair removal, vascular issues, and Pearl resurfacing.
Skin care: SkinMedica by Allergen, EltaMD Skincare line.
Chemical Peels: Skinmedica Illuminize Peel and Vitalize Peel Customized facials, brow shaping and tinting.
Lisa Street, NP, has been in nursing fro twenty years with background in ER, ICU, and Nursing Education. She received her masters of Science in Nursing from University of Memphis and has been in Medical Aesthetics field for nine years. She has been a national clinical educator for one of the largest injectable companies in the world and has work locally, nationally, and internationally with the top plastic surgeons and dermatologists.